Expert Hymenoplasty Surgeon: Dr. Jugenburg
What Is Hymenoplasty?
More and more women are seeking Hymenoplasty, or reconstruction of the hymen, for a variety of reasons. Hymenoplasty is actually the surgical repair of the hymen, a membrane that partially closes the opening of the vagina. In many cultures and religions, an intact hymen is traditionally taken to indicate a mark of virginity.
Due to reasons other than intercourse, such as vigorous exercise or tampon insertion, the hymen becomes torn or ruptured. Under such circumstances, many women want their hymen reconstructed, which can be accomplished through a Hymenoplasty.
Dr. Jugenburg and his caring, professional staff understand the discreet nature of the need for this type of surgery and, as always, all information will remain strictly confidential. We offer a sensitive, professional approach to the procedure, and during the initial consultation, there will be a female nurse present to help our patients feel more comfortable and secure.
Reasons to Consider Hymenoplasty
There are many reasons why a woman might consider undergoing a hymenoplasty procedure. They include:Some of the reasons for having hymenoplasty include:
- Cultural or religious reasons. In some cultures, having an intact hymen is very significant as it acts as a signifier of the chastity of a woman. Whether during sexual activity or otherwise, a woman’s hymen can tear. Having cosmetic surgery to restore the hymen is a way of proving virginity and chastity.
- Psychological healing. If a woman has suffered rape or sexual abuse, it is very likely that her hymen will have torn. As a way to repair the psychological damage of this kind of abuse, some women choose to have hymen surgery to restore them both physically and mentally to the time before the abuse o
- Injury to the hymen. For some women, having an intact hymen that becomes broken during a first sexual experience is very important. In some instances, the hymen can tear before intercourse. Use of tampons and vigorous exercise can all tear the hymen, and in the case of a hymen being torn because of these activities, hymenoplasty offers a surgical solution.
- Revirgination. When a woman begins a relationship with a new partner but has already broken her hymen during sexual intercourse, she may wish to have her hymen surgically restructured.
Whatever reason you have for choosing a hymenoplasty, Dr. Jugenburg and his staff will provide a caring, supportive environment for your procedure. Dr. Jugenburg has extensive experience and expertise in genital cosmetic surgery.
Am I a Candidate for Hymenoplasty?
The best candidates for this procedure are healthy women with realistic expectations about the procedure. Hymen reconstruction and repair may provide a woman with the appearance of virginity, or satisfy religious or cultural requirements.
For women who are having the surgery for revirgnization, the surgery should be performed at least 6 weeks prior to the day of their wedding. Because this procedure is not medically necessary, the candidate should have a strong personal desire to restore the hymen.
We guarantee 100% privacy.
Your information will not be shared
Your Hymenoplasty consultation
Choosing a cosmetic surgery procedure is always an important decision that should never be rushed. That is why Dr. Jugenburg always takes the time to get to know his patients and their reasons for wanting a Hymenoplasty during a consultation. During this meeting, you will have a general health check and discuss all the implications and outcomes of Hymenoplasty surgery to ensure that you are fully informed and prepared to enter the operating theatre. This is also a time when you can ask any questions that you might have about Hymenoplasty surgery in a private, but friendly clinic environment.
What Can You Expect With A Hymenoplasty
The best way to determine if a hymenoplasty will provide the results you are looking for is to have an initial consultation with Dr. Jugenburg. You will have an opportunity to discuss your goals and expectations about the surgery with the doctor, and ask any relevant questions.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Jugenburg will:
- Review your medical history and any medications you are taking
- Discuss the procedure and any related procedures
- Provide recommendations based on your needs and goals
Dr. Jugenburg will listen to your needs, expectations and your desired outcome from the hymenoplasty. The doctor will discuss the procedure with you, and answer any questions you may have. You will be able to tour our state-of-the-art surgical facility located in the beautiful Fairmont Royal York Hotel. During this time you will also be able to meet with our caring staff that will be part of your team.
The surgery is performed under local and you will be able to leave for home shortly after the surgery is completed
Hymen reconstruction surgery is the surgical repair of a torn hymen. During the surgery, Dr. Jugenburg will excise the torn edges of the hymen before stitching it back together using fine, dissolvable sutures. When the surgery is completed, there is no apparent scarring and the hymen appears intact. After an uncomplicated surgery, subsequent sexual intercourse will typically tear the membrane.
The Recovery Process
Because the hymenoplasty is an uncomplicated procedure that takes anywhere less than 30 minutes, your recovery is rapid. You may experience some spotting for the first 48 – 72 hours, along with some discomfort. During the days following the hymenoplasty you will have some discomfort, which will be easily managed with pain medication prescribed by Dr. Jugenburg.
Full healing takes from 4-6 weeks. You can usually go home a short time after your procedure, but resting and relaxation is important. Protecting your hymen after surgery is crucial, as it will take time to heal. Hymenoplasty has its own unique recovery protocols, which include:
- Abstain from sex: Sexual activity will exacerbate any pain and soreness, so you will have to refrain from any sexual activity for about 6
- Avoid tight underwear: Don’t wear underwear like thongs for at least 1-2 weeks after surgery
- Avoid tampons: Use sanitary napkins for at least 6 weeks.
Any healthy woman who wants to have her hymen repaired, whether for personal, cultural or religious reasons.
The surgery lasts anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.
There will be some discomfort following the surgery, which is easily controlled by pain medication prescribed by Dr. Jugenburg.
No, there will be no scarring from a hymenoplasty.
You should be recovered the same day, you can go back to work the next day.
You should avoid any strenuous activities for 2-3 weeks following your surgery; avoid sexual intercourse for 6 weeks following the procedure.
As with all cosmetic surgeries, there are some risks involved. These risks include bleeding, infection, swelling, but they are rare. Our operating suite is state-of-the-art, and we do everything we can to minimize the risks associated with surgery. Most importantly, Dr. Jugenburg and his team have various protocols in place to prevent complications from occurring.