The Allergan Company
Allergan is a US-based manufacturer that has been through rigorous FDA and Health Canada approval processes. The company has over 30 years of experience in manufacturing breast implants and has passed all requirements to ensure that all Allergen breast implants comply with the highest safety and quality standards for Breast Augmentation at the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute.
Allergan manufactures the Natrelle® line of saline and silicone breast implants, and more recently introduced the Inspira® line of silicone breast implants. Inspira are the latest and best silicone implants, designed to decrease the risk of rippling and rupture.
Allergen Natrelle®Inspira® Cohesive Silicone Gel Breast Implants
The Natrelle®Inspira® collection is the most advanced and latest generation of breast implants from Allergan. All Inspira® implants have an extremely durable silicone shell to decrease the risk of implant leakage or rupture, and in the case of silicone-filled implants, to limit the amount of silicone released across the shell (silicone gel bleed). These new and innovative breast implants offer a greater variety of sizes and shapes for Breast Augmentation patients. There are more than 300 different types of round, smooth and textured options to choose from. A greater choice means that breast enlargement procedures can be more precisely tailored to the individual needs and bodies of different women.
Additionally, the silicone gel comes in two varieties, a softer cohesive silicone gel for a more natural feel (TruForm 1), and an ultra cohesive silicone gel (TruForm2) for less rippling. The Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute always strives to provide the best available Breast Augmentation options for its patients, and is proud to have been one of the first institutions to offer these new state-of-the-art breast implants.
Allergan continually works to improve on the latest generation of their available breast implants through investment in comprehensive research and development studies. The use of state-of-the-art facilities and rigorous quality control have also led to unparalleled safety for patients receiving Allergen implants during Breast Augmentation. Allergen has perfected numerous safety tests and, with years of clinical experience, continues to build an extensive body of clinical data that proves the safety and quality of its products.
Saline Breast Implant Sizes and Types
Allergan Natrelle® Smooth Round Implants
- Style 68LP (low profile)
- Style 68MP (moderate profile)
- Style 68HP (high profile)
Allergan Natrelle® Textured Round Implants
Designed to promote tissue adherence and ensure a more secure implantation, this implant has a BIOCELL® shell texturing and is available in various sizes, projections and base widths:
- Style 168 (moderate profile)
Allergan Natrelle® Textured Shaped Implants
The same BIOCELL® shell texturing, but instead with the gentle teardrop shape of a natural, mature breast. Available in two different projection and height levels, across a range of sizes and base widths (where the height is the vertical distance between the teardrop’s bottom and top):
- Style 468 (full height, moderate projection)
Silicone Breast Implant Size and Types
Allergan Inspira® Smooth Round Implants
Five different projections levels from low to extra-full profile in a range of sizes and base widths are available with the popular rounded shape of breast implants. They come in TruForm1 (softer) and TruForm2 (less rippling) forms.
- Style SRL/SSL (low projection)
- Style SRLP/SSLP (low plus projection)
- Style SRM/SSM (moderate projection)
- Style SRF/SSF (full projection)
- Style SRX/SSX (extra full projection)
Most patients get SSM or SSF (TruForm 2 moderate or full projection implants) as they seem to be the most popular type.
Allergan Inspira®f Textured Round Silicone Breast Implants
As with the Allergan textured Round saline implant, a Round silicone-filled implant with a BIOCELL® shell texturing is available in various sizes, projections and base widths:
- Style TRL/TSL (low projection)
- Style TRLP/TSLP (low plus projection)
- Style TRM/TSM (moderate projection)
- Style TRF/TSF (full projection)
- Style TRX/TSX (extra full projection)
Dr. Jugenburg uses textured breast implants only in very specific cases where the presence of a textured surface is warranted.
Allergan Style 410 Highly Cohesive Textured Shaped Gummy Bear Implants
Featuring a highly cohesive silicone-gel formulation for optimal shape maintenance over time, the contours of a natural breast, the BIOCELL® shell texturing, and the widest selection of implant options to allow for individualized aesthetic results. Twelve different levels of implant are available, each with a unique height and projection ratio that extends across a range of base widths to meet the variety of needs present among different women.
Allergen Warranty Programs
Allergen are committed to ensuring that each patient who receives Natrelle® breast implants during Breast Augmentation experience long-term success with their enlargement. The Allergan ConfidencePlus® and ConfidencePlus Premier®warranty programs cover all saline and silicone gel implants listed below (applicable breast implants must have been implanted in the United States or Canada after April 1, 2002):
Saline-Filled Breast Implants: Style 68HP, 68MP, 68LP, 163, 168, 363LF, 468
Silicone Gel-Filled Breast Implants: Style 10, 15, 20, 40, 25, 110, 115, 120, 410, Inspira®
Allergen Lifetime Product Replacement Policy
All patients who receive eligible silicone-filled or saline-filled breast implants during Breast Augmentation at the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute are automatically enrolled in the Allergen Lifetime Product Replacement Policy1. Through this Policy patients are completely covered in the event of a confirmed rupture or deflation, irrespective of the age of the implant. If one or both implants ruptures or deflates, up to two replacement implants of any size in a similar style will be provided at no charge.
Events covered by the Allergen Lifetime Product Replacement Policy if they require surgical intervention include:
- Deflation of Natrelle® saline-filled implants due to crease fold failure, loss of valve integrity, or loss of shell integrity from an unknown cause
- Rupture of Natrelle® silicone-filled implants due to crease fold failure or loss of shell integrity
Events not covered by the Allergen Lifetime Product Replacement Policy include:
- Adverse reactions other than implant rupture or deflation
- Removal of intact implants due to Capsular Contracture
- Dissatisfaction with implant size or aesthetics
- Loss of product integrity caused by reoperative procedures (e.g., revision or Capsulectomy procedures)
- Financial reimbursement for a non-Allergen replacement product in place of an Allergen replacement product
Allergen Breast Implant Warranty Options[table “” not found /]
* Free upgrade for eligible silicone-filled implants.
All patients who receive eligible Allergen saline-filled or silicone-filled breast implants at the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute are automatically enrolled in the Allergen ConfidencePlus® warranty free of charge.
The cover includes:
- Automatic enrollment
- Lifetime Product Replacement Policy1
- 10 years of financial assistance
- Up to $1200 compensation to cover out-of-pocket expenses for surgical fees, operating room and anesthesia expenses not covered by personal health insurance
- Silicone-filled and saline-filled breast implants covered
- Free upgrade to ConfidencePlus Premier® warranty coverage with eligible silicone-filled implants
ConfidencePlus Premier® Warranty
All patients who receive eligible Allergen silicone-filled breast implants at the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute are automatically enrolled in the Allergen ConfidencePlus Premier® warranty free of charge. The policy is also available to all patients who receive a saline-filled breast implants, but must be purchased within 45 days from the date of Breast Augmentation surgery for an enrollment fee of $1002. In both cases, the ConfidencePlus Premier® warranty replaces the ConfidencePlus® warranty.
The cover includes:
- Lifetime Product Replacement Policy1
- 10 years of financial assistance
- Up to $3500 compensation for silicone-filled implants and $2400 for saline-filled implants to cover out-of-pocket expenses for surgical fees, operating room and anesthesia expenses not covered by personal health insurance
- Free contralateral (opposite side) implant replacement if requested by a surgeon1
- Non-cancellable terms
The ConfidencePlus®and the ConfidencePlus Premier® warranties apply to the eligible slicone-filled and saline-filled breast implants, provided the implants have been used:
- As intended by appropriately qualified and licensed Plastic Surgeons, in accordance with current and accepted plastic surgery techniques
- In accordance with the current Allergen breast implant Directions For Use
With both the ConfidencePlus®and the ConfidencePlus Premier® warranties, all eligible patients should maintain their own records to ensure validation of their enrollment in these programs.
- Lifetime Product Replacement Policy: Allergen will provide a free replacement Allergen implant of any size in the same or similar style as that originally implanted throughout a patient’s lifetime. A different implant style may be selected if selected by a surgeon, but may be subject to a charge based on the difference between the list prices for the two products.
- The ConfidencePlus Premier®warranty entitles all eligible patients to one payout only per enrollment fee. Enrollment in the program for replacement implants will require an additional $100 enrollment fee.