At the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute, you are within the confines of a medical clinic. As such, we follow the guidelines set out by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario titled “Confidentiality of Personal Health Information” which all physicians and medical offices follow. All information about you, your health, and your procedures is strictly private. We do not share your medical records with anybody without your prior permission.
The Policy on Confidentiality follows the Personal Health Information Protection Act 2004 (PHIPA), to ensure personal health information is protected at all times.
Personal Health Information:
- relates to the physical or mental health of the individual, including information that consists of the health history of the individual’s family,
- relates to the providing of health care to the individual, including the identification of a person as a provider of health care to the individual,
- Ii a plan of service within the meaning of the Long-Term Care Act, 1994 for the individual,
- relates to payments or eligibility for health care in respect of the individual,
- relates to the donation by the individual of any body part or bodily substance,
- is the individual’s health number, or
- identifies an individual’s substitute decision-maker.
Dr. Jugenburg and the staff of the Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute act in accordance with all of their professional and legal obligations to establish and preserve trust in the physician-patient relationship, to provide patients with the confidence that their personal health information will remain confidential. Maintaining confidentiality is fundamental to providing the highest standard of patient care. Patients who understand that their information will remain confidential are more likely to provide the physician with complete and accurate health information, which in turn, leads to better treatment advice from the physician.
For additional information on the policy, please see the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario page on Patient Privacy